Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I miss....

  • watching Clernise literally jump into Sheila's arms for a hug when Sheila pays her for the purses she made
There are so many other things that I miss but that is a start. I can't wait to go back and see how things have progressed in the women's program. And, as much as I would LOVE to see all of the kids again next time I go down, I am praying that they all come to the States with their forever families soon.
Life was never dull in Haiti, that is for sure. I don't suggest planning for things more than a few days in advance because there is a good chance something will come up before that. Haiti is emotional and stressful and hard. But also amazing. The stress of the day could be erased by getting a hug from one of the kids or watching one of the women walk in with the newest purse they created...one that is different from all of the others and made them think outside their box.
Heartline is doing some amazing things in Haiti! I was blessed to be a part of it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Olivia misses you too! In fact, she was just asking me when you were planning on coming back so she could send Mommy and Daddy away for a weekend and go play with Jess... ;o)

Leslie