Wednesday, May 14, 2008

in Michigan and missing Haiti

so I made it...I'm in Michigan. and I have yet to decide if that is a good thing.
You would not even believe what the last 36 hours have looked like. I have neither the energy or the desire to talk about it right now but let me just say if there was any way I would have chosen to spend my last day in Haiti, the events of Monday would not have made the cut.
It's now 1:45 am Michigan time and I can't sleep. I had too much Mountain Dew and a taco from Taco Bell that made me want to throw up. I guess I need to ease myself back into the American ways a bit slower...
For now, I'm off to try and sleep....maybe tomorrow I'll write about what happened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read about your frustrating Monday on Sheila's blog ... wow Jess... I'm glad you're home safe though and I hope to see you soon!
Jess F