Friday, July 18, 2008

Missing Yvie...

Yvie is incredibly sensitive and it takes awhile for her to let people in. It took a good month before she would willing come to me and then about another month after that for her to really attach herself to me.
Yvie loved going to church but as soon as we left the girls' house she would become really quiet and wouldn't leave my lap. In church she had to be sitting on me or else she would cry. I didn't mind the cuddling all that much but it did get pretty hot sitting close to a bunch of other people as well.
When Yvie finally opens up she is crazy! She is full of life, running, and yelling. She is hilarious! I had so much fun with her.
On Yvie's birthday we had a cake for her and a little party. As soon as we started singing Happy Birthday she burst into tears. (pictured above). Then, the next birthday we had she did it again when we started singing. Picture days were hard at times because if she wasn't in the mood to smile then nothing made her smile for a picture. Then other times she was her silly self and I couldn't stop taking pictures.
Most evenings I went to McHoul's or Lynch's for dinner and when I got back the girls would be watching a movie before bed. When I walked in the door Yvie would always jump out of her chair and leap into my arms saying, "I lub ou, Jekika!"

5 comments:

sarah said...

you are so beautiful. these children make you shine. i am so happy for the time you got to spend with them.

Cécile said...

What a wonderful little girl ! She is lovely ! And it is up to you for a part, Jessica ! Thanks for her !
Cécile

Anonymous said...

Jess...thank you for loving our little girl. When she is home in IL you can visit ANYTIME!!!
SHAYLA

Unknown said...

... and I know how true these things are about Yvie. She's so easy to fall in love with. Now that she's finally opened up to me, I hate that I'm about to say goodbye too...

Grace living in America while her hearts in Haiti said...

She is SO beautiful! I love her!